AboutThe Evangelical Liberal is a blog to explore more open and liberated ways of being a Christian, particularly for those who have struggled to find their way within the evangelical tradition. Read more
- God bless America
- The Penitent Thief – a Good Friday reflection
- Peace on earth?
- Was God’s will done in the US election result?
- Please don’t let Trump in!
- Saul among the prophets – an interesting worship experience
- God bless Greenbelt
- Coping with our faith crises
- An experience of divine absence
- Why doesn’t God magically sort out our problems?
Top Posts & Pages
- 'The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas', Evil, and the impact of Incarnation
- Challenging evangelical preoccupations: sin, scripture, soul-saving (and some others)
- Hating God
- Personality and spirituality
- Jürgen Moltmann and universalism
- The life cycle of faith - stages of spiritual development (stages of faith)
Tag Archives: worship
Do you remember the Old Testament story of Saul among the prophets (1 Samuel 19)? Poor Saul’s been rejected by God as Israel’s anointed king in favour of the popular hero David, and has begun his descent into madness, badness and dangerous-to-know-ness. … Continue reading
So, good brothers and sisters in our Lord, we’re Christians saved by grace, Amen? We’ve been filled with God’s Spirit to develop in Christ’s character, love each other with Christ’s love, lead victorious lives of prayer and righteousness and good … Continue reading
The last week of July perhaps somewhat surprisingly saw me and family in a large tent at the Royal Bath & West Showground, Somerset, for the 25th annual New Wine conference (and I think the 9th I’ve been at). New … Continue reading
Last time I was looking at my Anglo-Catholic upbringing and subsequent late-teen explorations into atheism and alternative spiritualities. When I came back to Christian faith in my early 20s, it was from a desperate sense of the need for ‘salvation’ … Continue reading