AboutThe Evangelical Liberal is a blog to explore more open and liberated ways of being a Christian, particularly for those who have struggled to find their way within the evangelical tradition. Read more
- Peace on earth?
- Was God’s will done in the US election result?
- Please don’t let Trump in!
- Saul among the prophets – an interesting worship experience
- God bless Greenbelt
- Coping with our faith crises
- An experience of divine absence
- Why doesn’t God magically sort out our problems?
- Cynical about miracles?
- Salvation – an alternative take?
Top Posts & Pages
- 'The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas', Evil, and the impact of Incarnation
- Swearing at God
- Personality and spirituality
- The life cycle of faith - stages of spiritual development (stages of faith)
- The world as sacrament: the Reality behind reality
- ‘Daddy, why was Abraham holding a knife to Isaac’s throat?’
Tag Archives: the problem of pain
I’ve been half-consciously avoiding blogging about the Philippines typhoon. What else can anyone say that hasn’t been said? How can we express the sadness and awfulness of it all, and the helplessness and even guilt which we comfortable western watchers … Continue reading
I approach this post with considerable caution and trepidation. One, because this is not a theoretical situation but real people’s lives. Two, because I have no direct personal relation to the situation and know nothing but what I’ve seen in … Continue reading