AboutThe Evangelical Liberal is a blog to explore more open and liberated ways of being a Christian, particularly for those who have struggled to find their way within the evangelical tradition. Read more
- Peace on earth?
- Was God’s will done in the US election result?
- Please don’t let Trump in!
- Saul among the prophets – an interesting worship experience
- God bless Greenbelt
- Coping with our faith crises
- An experience of divine absence
- Why doesn’t God magically sort out our problems?
- Cynical about miracles?
- Salvation – an alternative take?
Top Posts & Pages
Tag Archives: superstition
Sigmund Freud apparently described religion as a ‘universal obsessional neurosis’. As someone who’s struggled with both Obsessive Compulsive Disorder and religion all my life, I feel I’m in a good position to comment on that analysis. It’s one I both … Continue reading
On one level, I’m still a good charismatic Christian. I believe in miracles. I believe in healings, prophecies, tongues, ‘words of knowledge’, miraculous signs. I believe in answered prayer. Or at least I believe in the reality and possibility of … Continue reading
‘Fear of a name increases fear of the thing itself,’ Albus Dumbledore to Harry Potter (J.K. Rowling). One of my very good friends recently expressed concerns about his kids using the killing curse from Harry Potter, ‘Avada kedavra!’, in play. … Continue reading