AboutThe Evangelical Liberal is a blog to explore more open and liberated ways of being a Christian, particularly for those who have struggled to find their way within the evangelical tradition. Read more
- God bless America
- The Penitent Thief – a Good Friday reflection
- Peace on earth?
- Was God’s will done in the US election result?
- Please don’t let Trump in!
- Saul among the prophets – an interesting worship experience
- God bless Greenbelt
- Coping with our faith crises
- An experience of divine absence
- Why doesn’t God magically sort out our problems?
Top Posts & Pages
- 'The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas', Evil, and the impact of Incarnation
- Challenging evangelical preoccupations: sin, scripture, soul-saving (and some others)
- Hating God
- Personality and spirituality
- Jürgen Moltmann and universalism
- The life cycle of faith - stages of spiritual development (stages of faith)
Tag Archives: sin
‘As Jesus walked along he saw a man who had been blind from birth. “Master, whose sin caused this man’s blindness,” asked the disciples, “his own or his parents’?” “He was not born blind because of his own sin or … Continue reading
I’m currently working my way through Susan Howatch’s ‘Starbridge’ series of novels – a 20th-century Barchester Towers about the inner workings of the Church of England and its motley clergy in high places. The novels (starting with Glittering Images) won’t … Continue reading
Let’s face it, all this talk about sin can be a bit gloomy and depressing. So let’s change the mood a bit and look at the bright side of sin… well, at least of confessing sin. Christianity has a bit … Continue reading
So as I started to say last time, there seems to be an essential, elemental struggle within us between what we want to do and who we want to be; between our good aspirations and our innate and often unhelpful … Continue reading