AboutThe Evangelical Liberal is a blog to explore more open and liberated ways of being a Christian, particularly for those who have struggled to find their way within the evangelical tradition. Read more
- “Up, civil unrest!” (an Easter-ish reflection)
- Still Evangelical Liberal after all these years?
- Reasons to be hopeful?
- Covid questions – 3. What kind of God would send a pandemic?
- Covid questions – 2. Is it sent by God to punish sin?
- Covid questions – 1. Is it the end of the world?
- All together at the cross
- Does light overcome darkness?
- God bless America
- The Penitent Thief – a Good Friday reflection
Top Posts & Pages
Tag Archives: sexuality
For those of you who are thinking ‘Vicky who?’ let me give some brief background. Vicky Beeching – acclaimed Christian singer-songwriter, worship leader, Oxbridge-qualified theologian, contributor to BBC Radio 4’s Thought for the Day programme. Currently in her mid-thirties, Vicky … Continue reading
There was a lot of terrible stuff in the news last week (7-13 Oct 2012). The 14-year-old Pakistani schoolgirl Malala Yousafzai shot by Taliban militia for promoting education for girls. The shocking abduction and murder in Wales of 5-year-old April … Continue reading
Views on homosexual practice hugely divide Christians. I’m largely agnostic (and perhaps a little ignorant) on the subject so I’m trying to take a balanced view, looking at issues of nature, nurture and norms, at psychology and morality, and re-assessing some of the Bible passages that have been used to condemn gay sex. In the end I believe this is a matter for individual conscience and we need to respect and listen to each other’s differing perspectives. Continue reading