AboutThe Evangelical Liberal is a blog to explore more open and liberated ways of being a Christian, particularly for those who have struggled to find their way within the evangelical tradition. Read more
- The Penitent Thief – a Good Friday reflection
- Peace on earth?
- Was God’s will done in the US election result?
- Please don’t let Trump in!
- Saul among the prophets – an interesting worship experience
- God bless Greenbelt
- Coping with our faith crises
- An experience of divine absence
- Why doesn’t God magically sort out our problems?
- Cynical about miracles?
Top Posts & Pages
Tag Archives: sacrament
When I was a new Christian, I eagerly devoured anything with a ‘Christian’ label or prefix: Christian books, Christian music, Christian radio, Christian festivals and conferences, Christian clothes and accessories. (I also ‘Christianised’ household articles by slapping a fishy sticker … Continue reading
I. For the space of a dream For the space of a dream all nature holds its breath, Transfixed, to witness: to behold the city’s strange transfiguration – City of concrete and commerce transformed to heaven’s gold by sunset’s alchemy, … Continue reading
I had an Ecclesiastes moment yesterday afternoon as I was walking home from work – a sudden sense of the absurdity and futility of human life in general and all my efforts in particular. The feeling was brought on by … Continue reading