AboutThe Evangelical Liberal is a blog to explore more open and liberated ways of being a Christian, particularly for those who have struggled to find their way within the evangelical tradition. Read more
- God bless America
- The Penitent Thief – a Good Friday reflection
- Peace on earth?
- Was God’s will done in the US election result?
- Please don’t let Trump in!
- Saul among the prophets – an interesting worship experience
- God bless Greenbelt
- Coping with our faith crises
- An experience of divine absence
- Why doesn’t God magically sort out our problems?
Top Posts & Pages
- 'The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas', Evil, and the impact of Incarnation
- Challenging evangelical preoccupations: sin, scripture, soul-saving (and some others)
- Hating God
- Personality and spirituality
- Jürgen Moltmann and universalism
- The life cycle of faith - stages of spiritual development (stages of faith)
Tag Archives: Narnia
A recent ‘Agnostics Anonymous’ opinion piece written in a Christian magazine argued that proselytising faiths such as Christianity and Islam have always relied on war and violence to spread their message. It’s a point worth thinking about – is there … Continue reading
Hell as love’s absence or abuse Last time I looked at the hell of self, of utter social isolation or madness. We are fundamentally social beings; even the most introverted cannot survive entirely without human company. Paradoxically, deprived of others … Continue reading
Johnm55 raised an interesting point in a comment on my recent post Reflections on Kenyan Christianity. I’d said that, in Kenya, “events and circumstances are freely and directly attributed to God or the devil”. John responded: “[this] made we wonder … Continue reading