AboutThe Evangelical Liberal is a blog to explore more open and liberated ways of being a Christian, particularly for those who have struggled to find their way within the evangelical tradition. Read more
- “Up, civil unrest!” (an Easter-ish reflection)
- Still Evangelical Liberal after all these years?
- Reasons to be hopeful?
- Covid questions – 3. What kind of God would send a pandemic?
- Covid questions – 2. Is it sent by God to punish sin?
- Covid questions – 1. Is it the end of the world?
- All together at the cross
- Does light overcome darkness?
- God bless America
- The Penitent Thief – a Good Friday reflection
Top Posts & Pages
Tag Archives: masculinity
I’m sure many of you have now at least heard of the book A Year of Biblical Womanhood, the tongue-in-cheek record of US blogger Rachel Held Evans’ twelve months of rigid adherence to the Bible’s many rules and prescriptions for … Continue reading
Following on from the discussion about the recent non-appointment of women bishops, I’d like to spend a couple more posts looking at gender-related issues such as Christianity and masculinity, and the Bible and sexism. I want to get the ball … Continue reading
There was a lot of terrible stuff in the news last week (7-13 Oct 2012). The 14-year-old Pakistani schoolgirl Malala Yousafzai shot by Taliban militia for promoting education for girls. The shocking abduction and murder in Wales of 5-year-old April … Continue reading