AboutThe Evangelical Liberal is a blog to explore more open and liberated ways of being a Christian, particularly for those who have struggled to find their way within the evangelical tradition. Read more
- “Up, civil unrest!” (an Easter-ish reflection)
- Still Evangelical Liberal after all these years?
- Reasons to be hopeful?
- Covid questions – 3. What kind of God would send a pandemic?
- Covid questions – 2. Is it sent by God to punish sin?
- Covid questions – 1. Is it the end of the world?
- All together at the cross
- Does light overcome darkness?
- God bless America
- The Penitent Thief – a Good Friday reflection
Top Posts & Pages
Tag Archives: Lent
Well, I hope you all enjoyed your pancakes last night. Because from here on in it’s Lent, meaning utter abstinence, abject penance, fasting and general misery for the next 6 weeks till we get to Easter and the Feast Day … Continue reading
This is the sort-of culmination of my recent Lent posts on letting go of old certainties and moving on into a new and as yet unknown space. I once wrote a scathingly satirical (though not particularly good) poem about an … Continue reading
Staying with my Lenten themes of stripping back and giving up old ways in order to move on, this is about giving up our reliance on words – on verbal expressions of faith and rational explanations for belief. If you … Continue reading