AboutThe Evangelical Liberal is a blog to explore more open and liberated ways of being a Christian, particularly for those who have struggled to find their way within the evangelical tradition. Read more
- Peace on earth?
- Was God’s will done in the US election result?
- Please don’t let Trump in!
- Saul among the prophets – an interesting worship experience
- God bless Greenbelt
- Coping with our faith crises
- An experience of divine absence
- Why doesn’t God magically sort out our problems?
- Cynical about miracles?
- Salvation – an alternative take?
Top Posts & Pages
- 'The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas', Evil, and the impact of Incarnation
- Swearing at God
- Personality and spirituality
- The life cycle of faith - stages of spiritual development (stages of faith)
- The world as sacrament: the Reality behind reality
- ‘Daddy, why was Abraham holding a knife to Isaac’s throat?’
Tag Archives: Holy Saturday
Whatever hell is and wherever it might be, and whatever kind of reality it has, it’s the one place God isn’t and can’t be, right? I’ve said so myself before. Hell is the mind or soul of a human locked … Continue reading
Faith and the absence of God Is faith the magic quantity that prevents bad stuff from happening? Or is it the quality that enables us to survive and grow when bad stuff does happen? Is faith what guarantees us a … Continue reading
I’ve talked before of books like Godzone that I’d take to a desert island; Chrysalis is the book that I’d take to an actual desert. Or rather, to the metaphorical, spiritual desert – the faith wilderness, the dark night of … Continue reading
It’s Holy Saturday as I write this paragraph, but by the time I publish it another Easter Day will have come and gone again. And life for most of us will probably continue in much the same way, with the … Continue reading