AboutThe Evangelical Liberal is a blog to explore more open and liberated ways of being a Christian, particularly for those who have struggled to find their way within the evangelical tradition. Read more
- The Penitent Thief – a Good Friday reflection
- Peace on earth?
- Was God’s will done in the US election result?
- Please don’t let Trump in!
- Saul among the prophets – an interesting worship experience
- God bless Greenbelt
- Coping with our faith crises
- An experience of divine absence
- Why doesn’t God magically sort out our problems?
- Cynical about miracles?
Top Posts & Pages
Tag Archives: emerging
I’ve talked before of books like Godzone that I’d take to a desert island; Chrysalis is the book that I’d take to an actual desert. Or rather, to the metaphorical, spiritual desert – the faith wilderness, the dark night of … Continue reading
If we’re going to walk virtually together a few steps, it might help to know a little about how I got to where I am on my stumbling ramble (or rambling stumble) of faith. So far it’s been a journey … Continue reading
Two of my favourite book titles are The Christian Agnostic and The Orthodox Heretic. Both express a paradoxical condition: believing while being radically uncertain; holding long-established beliefs while being radically unorthodox. As the father of the epileptic boy said to Jesus, … Continue reading