AboutThe Evangelical Liberal is a blog to explore more open and liberated ways of being a Christian, particularly for those who have struggled to find their way within the evangelical tradition. Read more
- “Up, civil unrest!” (an Easter-ish reflection)
- Still Evangelical Liberal after all these years?
- Reasons to be hopeful?
- Covid questions – 3. What kind of God would send a pandemic?
- Covid questions – 2. Is it sent by God to punish sin?
- Covid questions – 1. Is it the end of the world?
- All together at the cross
- Does light overcome darkness?
- God bless America
- The Penitent Thief – a Good Friday reflection
Top Posts & Pages
Tag Archives: agnosticism
So Lent began today. I’m not giving up anything like chocolate, but I do have a sort of Lenten theme, which is letting go, stripping back and setting aside in order to move on. In this post I’m looking at … Continue reading
This is the final post in the series: Atheism okay; Agnosticism better; Theism best of all. I’ve split this post in two because it’s turned out kind of long. Drum roll… and now, the moment you’ve all been waiting for, … Continue reading
This is the second in a trio of posts: Atheism okay; Agnosticism better; Theism best of all. No. 1 on atheism generated a minor firestorm from aggrieved atheists, so it will be interesting to see whether there are similarly militant … Continue reading
Before moving on to agnosticism, it strikes me there’s actually some useful common ground between atheism and Christianity… The God we do (not) believe in Christian post-modern philosopher/theologian Peter Rollins once addressed a gathering of atheists and was asked “Given … Continue reading