AboutThe Evangelical Liberal is a blog to explore more open and liberated ways of being a Christian, particularly for those who have struggled to find their way within the evangelical tradition. Read more
- God bless America
- The Penitent Thief – a Good Friday reflection
- Peace on earth?
- Was God’s will done in the US election result?
- Please don’t let Trump in!
- Saul among the prophets – an interesting worship experience
- God bless Greenbelt
- Coping with our faith crises
- An experience of divine absence
- Why doesn’t God magically sort out our problems?
Top Posts & Pages
- 'The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas', Evil, and the impact of Incarnation
- Challenging evangelical preoccupations: sin, scripture, soul-saving (and some others)
- Hating God
- Personality and spirituality
- Jürgen Moltmann and universalism
- The life cycle of faith - stages of spiritual development (stages of faith)
Tag Archives: agnostic
With thanks and apologies to Pete Rollins and Brian McLaren for nicking ideas from their book titles… Throughout my life there have been many influences on my religious outlook from a variety of streams and denominations. I’ve benefited from a … Continue reading
This continues on from the previous post (Evidence and equivocality), which finished with a plea for Christians to reach across battle lines to love and listen to each other. Some of the bitterest battles are between Christian and Christian In … Continue reading
Two of my favourite book titles are The Christian Agnostic and The Orthodox Heretic. Both express a paradoxical condition: believing while being radically uncertain; holding long-established beliefs while being radically unorthodox. As the father of the epileptic boy said to Jesus, … Continue reading